Electrolysis hair removal at The Treatment Rooms
In the hands of a well trained electrolysist it is a perfectly safe and highly effective treatment. Electrolysis will work on (and is suitable for) ALL hair types and colours and ALL skin types and colours.
For successful and effective results, each individual hair requires repeated treatments, therefore results are not immediate and take a little time, depending on the individual it may take only a few treatments or you could end up having treatments once a week for a few months.
Electrolysis is not recommend for all over the body, due to the procedure we recommend only treating small areas, such as lip, chin, neck, abdomen.
What is the procedure:
- A tiny needle (about the same diameter as the hair) is inserted down into a follicle opening already present in the skin.
- The probe is charged with a tiny amount of electrical current and you will feel either a build up of warmth concentrated in the locality or a sensation similar to a slight sting. Sensation depends on the area and the method of epilation used.
- The hair is gently released from the follicle with tweezers leaving the client hair free. The hair slides out easily without traction.
- The procedure is repeated on each individual unwanted hair to clear the area as much as possible within a given time frame whilst taking skin reaction into consideration.
- The next appointment will be made so that regular treatments are maintained. Electrolysis is the only permanent method of hair removal.
- You may experience some redness/heat in the area, soreness after the treatment.
Unwanted hair causes enormous distress, as anyone who has suffered with it will understand, and often brings with it a sense of isolation, low self worth and poor-self esteem. Unwanted hair can be genetic or inherited or one of the symptoms for disorders such as polycystic ovary system. There are also many medications and drugs that cause or stimulate unwanted hair growth as well as hormonal changes within the body such as during puberty, pregnancy and menopause. It is often in the case that electrolysists are privileged to witness a dramatic transformation in their clients, from a self conscious, deeply demoralised individual at the beginning of a course of treatments, to confident and happy individual once treatment is under way and making progress. Many women and indeed many men have benefited from this tried and trusted treatment
How many treatments are needed?
For successful and effective results, each individual hair requires repeated treatments. This is because each individual hair has its’ own growing cycle called Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. This is not unlike the ‘cycle of life’ with Anagen being the ‘alive’ and growing stage, Catagen the ‘collapsing’ stage where the hair collapses away from its source of food and nourishment (the dermal papilla) and the Telogen stage where the hair is ‘tired’ and dying and disconnected completely from its dermal papilla. Successful treatment for electrolysis (and incidentally also laser and ipl) has to target the hair in Anagen to achieve optimum results as it is the destruction of the dermal papilla which is required.
Some effecting factors of persistence hair growth may be:
Distorted follicles associated with wavy/kinky hair
Hair growth cycles
Destroyed follicles caused by prolonged use of tweezers or waxing
Sensitive skin that requires staged treatment
Electrolysis hair removal is just one of the hair removal techniques offered at The Treatment Rooms.
Your luxury treat is just a call away
Do you fancy an escape from work pressures or the trials of an exhausting family life? A special treat for you or a group of friends? Whether you enjoy aromatherapy massage alone or combine your treatment with other therapies such as an aromatherapy facial, the Treatment Rooms are synonymous with the relaxing aromatherapy massage in Bristol.
Your hour of luxury is just moments away.